1. Not having goals. You can’t reach your goals if you don’t know what they are.
2. Choosing goals that don’t inspire you. You won’t be able to keep on going if the prize at the end doesn’t really matter to you.
3. Expecting immediate results. Anything worthwhile is a battle and a struggle. It…
So my historical costuming resources list from 2011 was less than a page long- I’m not saying that I’ve learned a lot in the past three years, but this list is now sitting pretty at a solid nine pages. Whew. And people wonder why I want to redo this damn series.
“Sure, I’m sad, but I’m not looking to soothe that sadness by replacing it with a new relationship. Women are allowed to be sad, and they’re allowed to be single, and they don’t need to hear that one day a man is going to make it all go away by telling her she is good enough again. She’s good enough as she is.”—Charlotte Green (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
“Too many women waste their lives grieving because they do not have something other people tell them they should want. Whether you are happy or not depends to some degree upon outward circumstances, but mostly it depends how you choose to look at things yourself, whether you measure what you have or what you have not.”—Anne Perry (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
1. You need to first decide that you want to change your feelings, and that you will make the effort – even if you can’t be bothered. 2. Smile at everyone you meet – even if you feel it’s fake. In time our actions often change the way we feel inside. 3. Look for something you can laugh at –…
If you can’t escape the toxic people in your life:
1. Don’t allow them to manipulate you into acting in certain ways (For example, don’t allow them to control you by being moody, demanding or rude.) 2. Don’t tip toe around them or live your life walking on egg shells. 3. Don’t make excuses for…
A healthy relationship means that both members of the couple are…
1. Communicating with each other: Talking about problems without screaming and shouting; listening to each other, and respecting their viewpoint; being willing to adapt and to sometimes change their mind.
I have been wanting to assemble a huge post of some of the amazing women artists out there, because it seems like too often they get overlooked when it comes to being honored and recognized. This year, I was incredibly honored to be nominated for a Hugo award in the Best Professional Artist category, but I was a little shocked to find out there hadn’t been another woman nominated in that category since Rowena Morrill in 1986. That’s more than a little ridiculous, considering there are so many women artists out there, they are all amazing, and they all need more visibility and recognition. I encourage you to browse through and visit their websites, and please reblog and add more artists to the list! I know this is NOWHERE near comprehensive and that are tons more artists out there.
This list mostly covers mostly professional illustrators and scifi/fantasy artists. I know I’m missing out on a ton of talented people in comics, animation, fine art, and people who do primarily fan work, but I don’t know quite as much about those areas so they aren’t as well represented here; my apologies.
(The tags got cut off; I guess there’s a limit now? As such I wasn’t able to tag every single artist included.)
EDIT: Added more artists!
Click the “read more” to check out the art! Warning: This list is HUGE, and very image intensive!
What method of self-discipline did you use? Beside the thought of working a regular job, what sort of "punishments" did you use to make yourself practice? For example, no eating until I draw. Do you use anything like that now?
that’s not self discipline, that’s self harm.
if you want to grow, treat your body well, get enough sleep and food, enough exercise and water, light and fresh air, love and friendship. everything else will destroy you.
what i used as “discipline” was just the thought of improving myself and my life. as you think, so you shall become. think positive.
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further…
I was informed yesterday that due to circumstances beyond my control, I may not have a home to go home to after I leave Florida. I have no rent to cover the month of September. Now October will be covered but that doesn’t help me now and if I cannot come up with it, then…